How Does it Work?The Sage Cloud Connector works as the buffer (or bridge) between your on-premises Sage 100 ERP software and the cloud - connecting you to a whole new world of web-based add-on applications without having to purchase, install, and configure web servers or special hardware in-house.
You've probably heard about the new Sage web and mobile applications that are available in the cloud like Sage Inventory Advisor, Sage Mobile Sales, Sage Mobile Service, and many others. Sage Cloud Connector is the technology that allows the data and transactions to flow freely between your on-premises accounting system and these cloud applications. That means there's no duplicate data entry or import/export routines - it all flows seamlessly between your office and the cloud.
Why Should I Care?Sage Cloud Connector helps extend your existing investment in Sage 100 without having to decide between on-premises or cloud - it's the best of both worlds. You get to unlock new features and expand the capabilities of Sage 100 with cloud connected services, while keeping your most critical data and functions in your server room down the hall.
So what does this mean for you? You get all the power, flexibility, and ease-of-access that the cloud has to offer while preserving your existing workflows, training, and any customizations you've applied to Sage 100 ERP. What's more, Sage is always adding more web-based Connected Services and cloud apps to provide you with more features and improved functionality.
- SAGE CLOUD CONNECTOR: Getting Started Guide
- Email Us for a copy of this guide with details about Sage Cloud Connector installation & setup for Sage 100 ERP.
What About Security?Any time mention of the cloud comes up, questions about data security aren't far behind. It's an important consideration. But you can rest easy knowing that Sage is committed to the privacy and security of your data. Sage Cloud Connector uses powerful encryption and authentication technology to ensure the highest level of security for your company data as it is stored and transmitted between Sage 100 and your cloud applications. The following features ensure that your company information is safe and secure:
- On-premises Software Security: Sage Cloud Connector uses an account set up by you to sign in to your Sage 100 ERP system.
- Sage ID: Sage Cloud Connector is configured to use a password-protected Sage ID that you create.
- Secure HTTPS Channel: Sage Cloud Connector transmits and verifies your Sage ID credentials through a secure HTTPS channel using the OAuth 2.0 protocol.
- Microsoft Windows Data Protection API: Sage Cloud Connector encrypts your data using a key that ensures it can be decrypted only on the server where your accounting or ERP system is installed.
Ready to Get Connected?Contact us if you'd like to learn more about Sage Cloud Connector, Sage Web and Mobile Apps, or if you'd like help with installation and setup.
©2014 Juice Marketing, LLC. http://www.juice-marketing.com. All rights This article content may not be reproduced (in whole or in part), displayed, modified or distributed without express permission from the copyright holder.