Overview of Year End Processing
At a high level, these are the steps to consider as you begin closing the books on 2015 and start fresh in the new year.
1. Backup Your DataExecuting a complete backup of your database is one of the most important things you can do before starting any closing process. You should also test the backup to ensure it was performed successfully and the data is readable.
If you make a mistake, the only way to “reverse” year end processing is to restore data from a backup.
Note: these modules all begin with the following 2 steps:
1. Backup your AR/AP/GL files and label them as “prior” to Year End processing.
2. Make sure the AR/AP/GL system date is set to the last day of your fiscal year.
More Articles ...
- Module Closing - Keeping Things in Order
- December 2015 - Volume 15 - Issue 6
- Sage CRM Transforming Your Sales Team
- Huge Savings on Sage Software in September!
- Sage Intelligence Reporting Changes in 2015
- August 2015 - Volume 15 - Issue 4
- News You Can Use
- Sage Summit 2015 update
- More Jobs coming to Georgia thanks to the Panama Canal
- Currency exchange rate adjustment