There have been several major changes in the MAS 90 and MAS 200 software over the last few years. Some of these may affect your year end closing procedures. With personnel changes over the years, proper procedures may have been lost or never instituted. Failure to close your year properly can affect your ability to retrieve necessary information for the closed year.
Ginger McAdams, our Certified MAS 90 Trainer, will be holding a Special Seminar on Current MAS 90 YE Closing Procedures.
The Seminar will include the following:
- How to know if you have all the necessary Tax Tables and IRD updates to print W-2’s and 1099 correctly
- How to know if your Service Packs are current
- What you need to know before updating a Service Pack
- How to get the 2012 Tax Tables and Service Packs
- By when do you have to close your YE for modules and General Ledger
- The proper order of closing of all the modules
- Check Lists for each module to assure that all procedures have been performed in the proper sequence before closing YE
- Backup and archive procedures
- How to process payroll for 2012 before printing W-2’s
- New procedures for those required to report W-2’s and 1099’s electronically
- How to know what data will be purged automatically during YE close
- When and how to purge data to speed up day to day processing and still retain the information in history
- Helpful hints and techniques to assist in a trouble–free Year End
- Documentation to take with you covering all the above information
- Question and Answer sessions
There will be two seminars held:
December 14th at 8:30 AM and December 15th at 1:00 PM
Each class will last about 3 hours.
Please call Heidi at our office if you have questions and to sign up. Call soon as space is limited.