For Federal eFiling and Reporting of the W-2s, the employee e-mail address will now populate the Electronic Delivery column in the W2/1099 Preparer. If you have not done so already, to set up the employee's e-mail address you will need to do the following:
- From Paperless Office Setup menu select Options. Select the Forms checkbox.
- From Paperless Office Setup menu select Form Maintenance. Complete the following:
- Company Code
- Module Code (P/R)
- Document (Direct Deposit Stub)
- PDF Directory
- Override Password/Confirm Password
- From Payroll Setup menu select Options. On the Direct Deposit tab select Require Direct Deposit checkbox.
- From the Payroll Main menu select Employee Maintenance. Select employee, select the Direct Deposit checkbox and then click the Direct Deposit button.
- On the Direct Deposits window click the Paperless button.
- On the Paperless Office Delivery Options window complete the following:
- PDF Document Password
- E-mail Address (for employee).
After setting up the e-mail address for an employee, if that employee is not paid by Direct Deposit you may deselect the Direct Deposit checkbox on the Main panel in Employee Maintenance. The e-mail address entered will be retained. You will need to perform the Payroll steps 2 through 4 for each employee you want to set up with an e-mail address.
- New W2 Box 12 Codes DD & EE have been added for W2 Federal eFiling and Reporting.
- New field Kind of Employer has been added to Federal eFiling and Reporting for W2 Reporting.
- In Federal eFiling and Reporting new local codes have been added for Ohio.
- Deduction Code Maintenance and W2 Form Printing have been modified to allow entry of new Box 12 Code DD & EE.
- Federal eFiling and Reporting has been updated with new federal tax codes for Puerto Rico and local codes for Ohio.
Tags: Product Update v4.40