- Backup Your Data
Executing a complete backup of your database is one of the most important things you can do before starting any closing process. You should also test the backup to ensure it was performed successfully and the data is readable.
If you make a mistake, the only way to “reverse” year end processing is to restore data from a backup. If you need help making sure you have a good backup system in place, contact us to get some help. We have multiple options available giving onsite as well as off site backups that provide
|This is a blog about anything related to products and services that MBA Business Software supports.Employees on the support desk will add to this blog periodically. Check here for Tips and Tricks to help you with your daily tasks.|
For General Ledger & ReportingHere are answers to a handful of the most Frequently‐Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding General Ledger and Reporting when it comes to year end processing.
- Can I print financial statements for the NEXT fiscal year PRIOR to performing year end processing?
YES. In the Fiscal Year field within the applicable report window, simply select the fiscal year to print.
DO NOT manually change
- General Ledger Closing ‐ While it’s a good idea to close modules in a timely fashion, the General Ledger can remain open for as long as you need while awaiting final processing (or audit adjustments) in other Modules. A GL that’s still open for 2017 will NOT prevent you from entering transactions for the new year.
- Payroll Planning ‐ Even if your company is on a fiscal year, you’ll need to close out payroll at the end of the calendar year. All W‐2’s and quarterly reports must be printed before payroll is closed in order to process the first payroll for 2018.
NOTE: This does NOT apply to the new Payroll 2.0 which now allows two calendar years to be open so you don't have to run year‐end tax reports and W‐2's before processing payroll for 2018.
- Check Your Version Number ‐ Closing procedures can vary depending on which version of Sage 100 you’re currently running. For Version 4.0 or above, do the following to identify both your version number and service pack:
Select Help > About Sage 100
- Master Console ‐ Once you’re ready to close, you need to make sure all users are out of the system. That’s where the Master Console comes in handy. This utility provides a snapshot of all users currently logged into Sage 100, the workstation being used, what programs/tasks they’re using, and more. You can also broadcast a message to all users or even shut them down remotely.
To launch the Master Console:
Select File > Master Console
©2017 Juice Marketing, LLC. https://www.juice-marketing.com. All rights This article content may not be reproduced (in whole or in part), displayed, modified or distributed without express permission from the copyright holder.
Note: Some of the features covered in this article are for Sage 100c only
Job Cost and Payroll 2.0With Sage 100 2018, both the Job Cost and Payroll modules have been totally redesigned and modernized to improve performance and usability. In both modules, many tasks have been reorganized to provide a better workflow and more efficient data entry. In particular, the following interface enhancements have been applied:
- Data entry grids have been implemented to improve efficiency
- Selection grids are available on most report task windows and elsewhere
- Calculator buttons have been added to dollar amount fields
- Calendar buttons have been added to date fields
- Hyperlinks to related tasks have been added where applicable
Note: As a result of the extensive improvements to Payroll, the TimeCard module is not currently compatible with Payroll 2.0. However, a compatible version of TimeCard will be released in a product update during the first half of 2018.
For full details on new features and changes in Payroll, check out the Payroll 2.0 Upgrade Guide.